Bernie McGinty joined the Beacon Commercial Real Estate team in February of 2016. Bernie will work exclusively at The Evolve IP Corporate Center heading up the maintenance team. He comes from a diversified background in both construction and maintenance.
Value To Client
Bernie has 35 years’ of experience in the industry working for companies such as AIMCO Realty, Penrose Management, Binswanger Management, and Berger Realty. Bernie worked his way up from Maintenance Porter to Regional Maintenance Supervisor, overseeing many projects from new building construction to complete retrofits. Bernie recently worked on a $165 million retrofit project for AIMCO Realty. He was also a project manager on several new construction projects for Penrose Management.
- Aimco Management – Service manager for four 20 story high rise 958; supervise Union maintenance staff and housekeeping staff of 15; oversee quality of apartment turns; maintain all equipment; responsible for all budgets and purchasing; maintain accurate records for compliance with City, State and Federal regulations including house corporate compliance.
- Morningside House Management – Oversee maintenance and housekeeping of two 100 bed assisted living and memory care facility; responsible for all maintenance repairs, supply ordering, budgets and staffing.
- Berger Property Management – Maintenance director for six properties; supervise maintenance staff; controlled all budgets and outside contractors; performed hands on maintenance when required.
- Penrose Management Company – Regional maintenance director for 14 properties in north Philadelphia; responsible for budgeting, staffing and all outside contractors; responsible for compliance with HUD regulations; oversaw start up and construction of six sites.
- Philadelphia Master Plumbers Association Apprentice School
- Philadelphia Wireless for HVAC, earning a universal certification in HVAC.